A guide to SEIS and EIS
For businesses going through fundraising it can be quite difficult at times. Tax-advantaged schemes such as the Seed Enterprise Investment Scheme (SEIS) and the Enterprise Investment Scheme (EIS) will certainly attract investors. Here is a simple guide for both schemes and how to obtain clearance that will satisfy investors.
SEIS AND EIS guide - what’s included
- A guide to what the SEIS and EIS actually are, including what the investor receives
- How to prepare for SEIS and EIS
- Advance assurance and what you need to obtain it
- Tips for preparing your application
- How to gain full HMRC clearance
- Common pitfalls relating to the EIS and SEIS, including trade dates and issuing the shares
- Which investors can qualify
- The five ways an investor can gain SEIS and/or EIS relief
- Other important FAQs
Join 5,000 other founders
Get our monthly startup roundup via email, featuring guides, podcasts and resources.